We are excited you have clicked to learn about our movement! Thank you for your interest in our world-wide initiatives to educate the world why it’s so important to empower women in business – Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WEDO), and our international digital campaign and portal #ChooseWomen! We would be honored to have you join us in our grassroots mission in alleviating poverty by empowering, celebrating and supporting women in business worldwide!
With a variety of days dedicated to various causes, one might ask – Why does the world need ChooseWOMEN/Women’s Entrepreneurship Day? Consider then, that women perform 66% of the world’s work, yet earn 10% of the world’s income. At the same time, they account for 85% of consumer purchases and control $20 trillion in worldwide spending. Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WED) is generating a movement that carries throughout the year in support of women in business globally.WED ignites women leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs to initiate startups, drive economic expansion, and advance communities worldwide. We are celebrated in 144 countries and 110 universities and colleges internationally. Our mission is to empower the 4 billion women across the globe to be catalysts of change, and uplift the 250 million girls living in poverty globally. We are committed to creating a movement to amplify our message of expanding women in business in communities around the world.
We are proud to share that New York State’s Governor Andrew Cuomo and New York City’s Mayor Bill De Blasio proclaimed Women’s Entrepreneurship Day an official day on November 19.
We have rallied the most distinguished supporters including: HRH Crown Princess Katherine (Crown Princess of Serbia, Philanthropist & Patron of Lifeline Humanitarian Organization), Mr. Peter H. Diamandis (Founder of Xprize and Singularity University), Her Royal Highness Princess Reema Bint Bandar Al-Saud (Alfa Intl./Harvey Nichols), Mr. Craig Newmark (Founder of Craigslist and Craig Connects),Ms.Baroness Sandip Verma (Member of the House of Lords, Under Secretary of State for International Development British Government, and ActionAid UK’s Ministerial Champion for Tackling Violence Against Women and Girls), Ms. Tao Porchon-Lynch (Actress, International Model and Guinness World Record Master Yoga Instructor), Ms. Andrea Jung (CEO of Grameen America, Former CEO of Avon and Board of Directors of Apple, Daimler AG and General Electric), Ms. Kay Koplovitz (Founder of USA Networks, The Syfy Channel, Co-Founder and Managing Director of the Springboard Fund, Board of Directors of CATechnologies, ION media and Time Inc.), Ms. Sandra Lee (Philanthropist, Author, TV Personality & Editor In Chief of Sandra Lee Magazine), Ms. Bobbi Rebell (Author How to be a Financial Grownup, Reuters Money Columnist, Chief Television Correspondent & Anchor, Business Video Thompson Reuters), Ms. Randi Zuckerberg (Founder and CEO of Zuckerberg Media, host of DotComplicated on SIRIUSXM Business Radio and New York Times bestselling author of Dot Complicated and DOT!), Ms. Joan Hornig (Founder of Joan Hornig Jewelry), Ms. Mindy Grossman (CEO Weight Watchers, Former CEO HSN, Board of Directors UNICEF, National Retail Federation), Ms. Kate Rogers (CNBC Small Business and Entrepreneurship Reporter), Ms. Yue-Sai Kan (Emmy Award Winning TV personality, Founder Yue-Sai CWED received massive global media attention before, during, and after the inaugural launch on November 19th, 2014 around the world.
Please view the global media attention our initiative received including, MERCEDES: The Power of Female Entrepreneurship, FORBES: Best Way to Save the World: Put Women In Charge, FOX NEWS: Beyond the Dream: Women Helping Women. Here’s the video showing the WED events around the world!
We are in search of great women who can champion Women’s Entrepreneurship Day and ChooseWomen! We are thrilled to invite you to nominate possible women entrepreneurs or business leaders ( is this you?) to represent Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WED) and ChooseWomen in your community!
“WOMEN’S ENTREPRENEURSHIP DAY IS EVERYDAY! CELEBRATE, SUPPORT AND EMPOWER WOMEN IN BUSINESS WORLDWIDE!” – Wendy Diamond, Founder
The following are ways our WED Ambassadors make a difference in their community:
- Be our Spokesperson, Rally the press! You represent our movement! Rally the media behind our initiatives with your WED promotional activity to enhance our visibility and movement.
- Be an Ambassador for WED & #ChooseWOMEN: Throughout the year and especially leading up to and on November 17th & 29th 2017. Ambassadors rally and convene Business Leaders, Government Officials and Civil Society to collaborate and find solutions in critical areas of entrepreneurship eco-systems, education and policy creation to empower women in business.
- Create, organize or co-organize the WED event in your community on November 17th (as November 19th is a Sunday).
- Create partnerships, collaborate and enhance synergies with prominent stakeholders with Policy Makers, Government Officials, Civil Society, Academia, and Entrepreneurship Groups, Women’s Groups and Foundations and the Media, to support and attend WED events year-round.
- Create an advisory board of politicians, prominent business people and public figures — anyone who can help ambassadors create a larger impact to empower women in your community! We’re here to give you more information and support through this process.
- Provide us with bi-annual briefs (December and June) as well as such other updates we may request. If there are any local elections or interesting survey statistics on women related issues released, we want to know about it!
- Build and maintain an active Social Media network. Create an Instagram account and use all country social media channels to rally support for WED! (Facebook and Twitter accounts are provided)
- Remember: WED is a grassroots movement! We count on promising, committed, high profile and quality volunteers like you to achieve the empowerment and support of women in business throughout the world.
How do WED Ambassadors Benefit
Community Ambassadors will raise the awareness of the work that they are doing as business leaders, and also gain access to a premier network of WED members and innovative thinkers. And, simultaneously be positioned to obtain practical advice and planning support from the WED network.
Join and celebrate WED by suggesting a Community Ambassador! WED Ambassadors will raise awareness of their business, make valuable connections, gain access to a premier network of WED members and innovative thinkers and most importantly be a part of this greatest movement to empower women in business to alleviate poverty.
Thank you for taking the time to learn about the greatest movement in history to Empower, Celebrate and Support Women in Business to alleviate poverty worldwide! We ask all candidates to complete the following questionnaire (see below) to be considered and don’t forget to follow us on our social media!
Twitter/Instagram – @womenseday
Facebook- Women’s Entrepreneurship Day