We want to bring institutions and educators to the forefront of women’s entrepreneurship.
The following are ways we hope our registered colleges or universities will make a difference on their campus and in their community:
1. Set up an event viewing on campus of the United Nation’s WED Livestream November 16th, 2018
2. Promote and publicize the WEDO event through local media outlets and social media materials, with press and social media components
3. Sign Up! “ChooseWomen Pledge of Talent, Time, or Treasure” by obtaining pledges from their college campus and fellow students
4. Offer volunteer time in support of the WEDO event before and during the day of the event launch
5. Set up a college chapter for WEDO on campus, where women entrepreneurs can connect, network, and continue to support each other before, during, and after the WEDO event
6. Inspire and rally the active support of their college campus among both women and men and across business clubs and societies
7. Foster relationships with local women and entrepreneurship groups to support the WEDO event in their community
8. Take a leadership role in our #ChooseWomen, digital campaign of WEDO in support of women-owned or women-led businesses on November 28th, 2018 the first Wednesday after Thanksgiving annually
9. Unleash the global reach and power of their social media networks and contacts to support WEDO before, during, and after the event
10. The chance to sponsor a student to Join the Women’s Entrepreneurship Day Conference at the United Nations in New York City. This event features speakers, panels, and workshops on everything from micro-financing to the latest market research to new technologies. This is a great opportunity to engage your alumni to mentor, host and financially support a student from your institution who wants to participate.
Join and celebrate WEDO by registering your college or university! As we finalize the agenda, attendees, and create a select founding team for the WEDO Ambassador program of leaders around the world, we would need you to commit as soon as possible to support and promote WEDO on their campus until the event on November 16th, 2018.