We are excited you have clicked to learn about registering your college or university with our movement! Thank you for your interest in our world-wide initiatives to educate the world why it’s so important to empower women in business – Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WEDO), and our international digital campaign and portal #ChooseWomen! We would be honored to have you join our grassroots mission in alleviating poverty by empowering, celebrating and supporting women in business worldwide!
We are in search of universities and colleges who can champion Women’s Entrepreneurship Day! We are thrilled to invite your institution to register and represent Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WED) to be celebrated on Friday, November 17, 2017 on your campus and join us for our digital campaign #ChooseWOMEN on November 29th!
Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WED) and #ChooseWOMEN were founded to empower women and inspire girls in business globally. Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WED) ignites women leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs to initiate startups, drive economic expansion, and advance communities worldwide. Our mission is to alleviate poverty by empowering, celebrating, and supporting women in business worldwide, as well as to gather a think tank of inspiring women leaders who can amplify our message of expanding women in business in communities throughout the year.
With a variety of days dedicated to various causes, one might ask – Why does the world need ChooseWOMEN/Women’s Entrepreneurship Day? Consider then, that women perform 66% of the world’s work, yet earn 10% of the world’s income. At the same time, they account for 85% of consumer purchases and control $20 trillion in worldwide spending. Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WED) is generating a movement that carries throughout the year in support of women in business globally.WED ignites women leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs to initiate startups, drive economic expansion, and advance communities worldwide. We are celebrated in 144 countries and 110 universities and colleges internationally. Our mission is to empower the 4 billion women across the globe to be catalysts of change, and uplift the 250 million girls living in poverty globally. We are committed to creating a movement to amplify our message of expanding women in business in communities around the world.
We are proud to share that New York State’s Governor Andrew Cuomo and New York City’s Mayor Bill De Blasio proclaimed Women’s Entrepreneurship Day an official day on November 19.
Our student ambassador global initiative is in full swing; engaged top colleges include New York University, Harvard, Babson, USC and Clarkson. Our global team of ambassadors from China to Saudi Arabia stand primed to activate their communities with the WED movement and #ChooseWomen to make a significant impact this year!
WED received massive global media attention before, during, and after the inaugural launch on November 19th, 2014 around the world. Please view the global media attention our initiative received including, MERCEDES: The Power of Female Entrepreneurship, FORBES: Best Way to Save the World: Put Women In Charge, FOX NEWS: Beyond the Dream: Women Helping Women. Here’s the video showing the WED events around the world!
“WOMEN’S ENTREPRENEURSHIP DAY IS EVERYDAY! CELEBRATE, SUPPORT AND EMPOWER WOMEN IN BUSINESS WORLDWIDE!”
Wendy Diamond, Founder
Registering your college or university in the WED event is designed to bring institutions and educators to the forefront of women’s entrepreneurship on a global scale.
The following are ways we hope our registered colleges or universities will make a difference on their campus and in their community:
- Set up an event viewing on campus of the United Nation’s WED livestream November 17, 2017
- Promote and publicize the WED event through local media outlets and social media materials, with press and social media components
- Sign Up! “ChooseWomen Pledge of Talent, Time, or Treasure” by obtaining pledges from their college campus and fellow students
- Offer volunteer time in support of the WED event before and during the day of the event launch
- Set up a college chapter for WED on campus, where women entrepreneurs can connect, network, and continue to support each other before, during, and after the WED event
- Inspire and rally the active support of their college campus among both women and men and across business clubs and societies
- Foster relationships with local women and entrepreneurship groups to support the WED event in their community
- Take a leadership role in our #ChooseWomen, digital campaign of WED in support of women-owned or women-led businesses on November 29th, 2017 the first Wednesday after Thanksgiving annually
- Unleash the global reach and power of their social media networks and contacts to support WED before, during, and after the event
- Chance to sponsor a student to Join the Women’s Entrepreneurship Day Conference at the United Nations in New York City. This event features speakers, panels and workshops on everything from micro financing to the latest market research to new technologies. This is a great opportunity to engage your alumni to mentor, host and financially support a student from your institution who wants to participate.
Join and celebrate WED by registering your college or university! As we finalize the agenda, attendees, and create a select founding team for the WED Ambassador program of leaders around the world, we would need you to commit as soon as possible to
support and promote WED on their campus until the event on November 17th, 2017.
Thank you for taking the time to learn about the greatest movement in history to Empower, Celebrate and Support Women in Business to alleviate poverty worldwide! We ask all registering colleges and universities to complete the following questionnaire (see below) to be considered.